In his daily Coronavirus press briefing today, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said “our main scramble now is ventilators.” The state anticipates that within 45 days, it could need 37,000 ventilators. It currently has 3000.
Bruce Fenton was one of the early crypto community canaries in the coal mine warning of the impending threat of Coronavirus. As the world has caught up to the warning, he has shifted his attention to helping coordinate an open source network that is trying to address that exact problem.
On this episode of The Breakdown, Bruce joins to discuss:
- Where the US is in its awareness cycle
- Why bitcoiners are worried about the long-term economic ramifications of massive stimulus
- What a voluntarist alternative to government intervention might look like
- How an open source network is trying to solve the ventilator shortage
- What regular people can do to contribute to the fight against Coronavirus